Sunday 15 March 2009

The needs of the age we live in

"Be anxiously concerned with the needs of the age ye live in, and center your deliberations on its exigencies and requirements."
Baha'i Writings


This is a well-known Baha'i quote. I like the word "anxiously". We really need to feel what are the problems of the world. And I also like that it's the "needs of the day we live in". Nothing specific, but the meaning is clear. It's like an open door that we should look for. And this door is one of many doors, because there are always new needs, and therefore always new ways for us to contribute to society.

The second part is a call for action. How often do I concentrate my thoughts on my own little world, instead of centering them on the exigencies and requirements of this world?

No comments:

Post a Comment